A retelling of Ramayana.
“I am the goddess, no one can abandon me, this forest is where I feel at home”
Date: Sunday, 29th March, 4pm
Venue: Evergreen Valley High School,
3300 Quimby Road, San Jose, CA 95148
By Parshwanath Upadhye and Punyah Dance Company
The choreographical aspect of this trio explores possibilities of connecting the Margam format of Bharathanatyam with a mythological storyline.
Performers: Parshwanath S.Upadhye, Adithya PV and Shruti Gopal
Music and vocal: Rohith Bhat Upoor
Punyah Dance Company (Bangalore, India) under the artistic leadership of one of the most sought-after classical Indian dancers, Parshwanath Upadhye, tells the ancient Hindu epic Ramayana – the story of legendary Lorda Rama of ancient India on a quest to rescue Sita, the incarnation of Goddess Lakshmi, whose choices would change the course of history.
Punyah approaches India’s favorite epics with a fresh perspective, focusing on the central female character and pushing the boundaries of the traditional dance form Bharatanatyam, characterized by highly technical footwork and a vocabulary of sign language based on hand gestures, eye contact and facial movements. Through creativity and innovation, this familiar story is brought to new life through dance!
TICKET SALES ARE FINAL :
All sales are final, unless the event is cancelled or rescheduled or the facility is closed due to unforeseen circumstances. If the event is canceled or rescheduled you will receive a refund for the face value of the ticket.
* We will refund your tickets if you purchased tickets and the event was cancelled entirely.
* Refund will not be issued if you have purchased and decided not to attend the event.
* Under no circumstances is the service charge ever refunded even if an event is cancelled or rescheduled.
Terms and Conditions of Sales:
Before purchasing tickets, please carefully review the Terms and Conditions of Sale.
1. Refund and Exchange Policy. There are NO REFUNDS and NO EXCHANGES. All ticket sales are final.
2. Reserved Seating. This purchase is for tickets in designated seats at a designated price level, as chosen and/or approved by you as the ticket purchaser. Please be sure you are happy with your seat selection before finalizing your purchase.
3. Confirmation Number. Please be sure to record/save your confirmation number, as this is required for replacing lost tickets and locating reservations. The confirmation page is NOT a ticket.
4. Will Call. Will Call opens at all venue box offices one hour prior to each performance and remains open until the performance begins. Identification is required for Will Call pick-up.
5. Lost Tickets. Lost tickets will be replaced provided you have your confirmation number available. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Performance Cancellation or Date/Time Change Policy. If a performance is cancelled for any reason other than “force majeure,” (see Clause 7a below), Smaran Performing Arts LLC will refund the face value of tickets purchased. Service charges are non-refundable. A performance is not considered “cancelled” if it has been more than 30 mins from the start of show and performance gets stopped for any unforeseen reasons.
Smaran Performing Arts LLC reserves the right to change the date and/or time of any performance no later than 5 weeks before the originally scheduled date of the performance. If a change occurs, patrons will be notified immediately and alternate accommodations or reimbursements will be arranged, as necessary.
7a. Force Majeure. Smaran Performing Arts LLC does not guarantee a refund or exchange on tickets purchased for a performance that is cancelled, or is rescheduled less than 5 weeks before the original performance date/time, as a result of “force majeure.” “Force majeure” means any event which Smaran Performing Arts LLC could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events may include war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity or threatened terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, fire and all similar events outside Smaran Performing Arts’s control. In the event of a cancellation or rescheduling due to force majeure, Smaran Performing Arts LLC will accommodate you at subsequent shows when possible.
8. Late Seating Policy. Arriving late to a performance can be extremely disturbing to the artists and your fellow audience members. Latecomers will be seated at the discretion of the house staff at an appropriate pause in the program. If you arrive late, we cant promise you to be seated in the purchased section and we may have to accomodate you in the back row to avoid disturbance to the audience. Seats are on first come first serve basis within your purchased section, please plan to arrive early to secure your preferred seat.
9. Reselling Policy. Tickets may not be resold or offered for resale. Tickets may not be used for advertising, promotion, or other commercial purposes except with the express written consent of Smaran Performing Arts LLC. Smaran Performing Arts LLC reserves the right to refuse entry to any customer who has purchased tickets and resold them, or to any person attempting to attend a performance with such tickets.
10. Reproduction Policy. It is unlawful to reproduce any tickets in any form. In the event of reproduction, Smaran Performing Arts LLC reserves the right to refuse entry to the original purchaser as well as any person attempting to attend a performance with reproduced tickets.
11. Review Upon Receipt. Please review your tickets and confirmation upon receipt. If any detail of your order is incorrect, please contact the Smaran Performing Arts LLC immediately at email@example.com. Smaran Performing Arts LLC will not be responsible for any discrepancies if you do not contact the box office within 24 hours after receiving your tickets.
12. Agreement. Submitting a ticket order indicates your AGREEMENT to these terms and conditions.